The Queensland Tourism Awards recognise and reward excellence in the QLD Tourism Industry.
The Award Categories cover the diverse range of tourism products & services that provide the extraordinary tourism experiences that QLD has to offer, from five star international hotels to bed and breakfasts, festivals, events and wineries.
The Awards acknowledges achievement, encourages better business practices and recognises the most outstanding tourism experiences in QLD with a passion and commitment to excellence and innovation.
Entrants must meet criteria on the following areas:
- Product – general overview
- Business Planning – financial viability, risk
- Marketing – strategies, responsible depictions of experiences
- Customer Service – training skill development, customers with special needs
- Sustainability and innovation – environment, culture, community, business improvement
Winners from the Awards then represent the state at the Australian Tourism Awards.